Sunday, May 1, 2011

College Life

The past two recipes were luxurious now that I am back at school eating cafeteria food.  Those were made at home when I visited one weekend, but now all I have is my rice cooker, so looks like I'm going to show you one of my favorite comfort foods!

When I was a kid and got sick my mom would always steam Chinese sausages over rice for me and it has ever since then become a comfort food.  When I went to college, she of course supplied me with a rice cooker for whenever I get sick of cafeteria food..which is practically everyday.  My grandparents live in the City, so when I visit them, they stock my refrigerator up with things I can steam in my cooker.

I came home from a weekend getaway tonight feeling under the weather so I cooked up sausages and rice.  Needless to say, it made me feel so much better.  The Chinese sausages I use are made of pork and chicken and they're a little bit salty, but with Jasmin rice, it completely balances it out.  Read the rest for directions!
What you'll need: Rice cooker, Jasmin rice, and Chinese sausages (Lap Cheong)
I was only feeding myself, so I used a small cup of rice.  Pour water in the cooker, just enough to cover the rice.
My rice cooker comes with a steamer, so I put the sausages on top.  If you don't have a steamer, you can just put the sausages or whatever you're steaming right on top of the rice it would probably give the rice some flavor!
Turn the cooker on, the lever will pop up once it's done.  Put it all in a bowl and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment